Sustainable development has been a key focus for the Group since its foundation.
At Petropavlovsk, our purpose is to act in the best interests of all stakeholders, including shareholders, employees and the communities in which we operate. Our approach to achieving this is through ensuring our activities are efficient, responsible, transparent and sustainable.
Specifically: We seek to provide a fair return to our shareholders. We aim to ensure a safe working environment and just remuneration for our employees. Since Petropavlovsk plays an important role in the regions where it operates, we aim to contribute to the local economic and social development. We give high priority to our responsibilities to local communities and enjoy their active support.
We believe that mining companies have a responsibility to care for the environment and to mitigate the impact of their operations.
Read more about sustainability at Petropavlovsk in our Annual Report.
Download our ESG Datapack.
Across management and our operations, Petropavlovsk is committed to:
- Full compliance with the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- The fulfilment of its obligations as a signatory to the UN Global Compact initiative;
- A rigorous approach to health and safety, underpinned by scrutiny from the Board and management. The Group’s objective is to minimise the risk of accidents and occupational illnesses, with the aim of zero fatalities. All accidents are recorded and all serious accidents are investigated;
- A rigorous approach to environmental standards, implemented through both internal compliance measures and through external expert auditing and monitoring;
- Provision of good working facilities, high-quality equipment and suitable living conditions at the Group’s mining operations;
- Provision of appropriate and high-quality training for our employees and opportunities for career development;
- Promotion of the social and economic development of regions where we operate, both through widening the scope of the Group’s operations and through the assistance of the Petropavlovsk Foundation for Social Investment;
- Active dialogue with local communities and local and regional authorities to maintain a transparent, two-way flow of information and to sustain long-term, constructive relationships between the Company and those communities;
- Fair and supportive management with appropriate procedures developed for handling disputes and grievances (see below);
- Zero tolerance of bribery and corruption and strict compliance with relevant legislations of the Russian Federation and the United Kingdom; and
- The ongoing rehabilitation and development of mine closure plans.
Our Policies and Statements
At Petropavlovsk we respect the human rights of our workers, suppliers and our host communities.
Our aim is to implement best practices and to apply the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights to our activities.
Read our Anti-Bribery Policy
Read our Speak Up Policy
We annually review and publish a revised Modern Slavery Statement. These statements describe the steps Petropavlovsk has taken to prevent modern slavery in its business and supply chains.
Read our Modern Slavery Statement.
A Grievance mechanism for our employees and third parties has been implemented in line with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
Read our Grievance mechanism procedure
Read our Freedom of Association Policy
Petropavlovsk is committed to inclusion and diversity which forms a key part of our values and a key component of Petropavlovsk’s culture supporting the long-term sustainable success of our business.
Read our Inclusion and Diversity Policy
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7201 8900
11 Grosvenor Place